Thursday, October 9, 2014

Genesis 12

Genesis 12:13 Please say therefore, that you are my sister, so that it may go well with me on your account and my life may be spared for your sake.

O: Here we see Abram not trusting that God would protect him. He convinced his wife to say she was his sister. This way, she would be taken in the palace and treated well, and he would be given flocks and herds. When God saw Pharaoh with Abrams's wife, he sent a plague. I'm a little surprised God didn't get angry with Abram for not trusting that He would see them through the land unharmed.

A: we all tell little white lies for things to work in our favor. But do we all feel the guilt after? The guilt is put there by our conscious which was given to us by God. I always relate my guilt as God pulling on my heart strings asking why I did that. Abram was lucky that Pharaoh didn't have his men go after them when they were sent away. Our white lies can have consequences. We shouldn't have to know the result to know that we shouldn't lie about things in our lives just to get better. We need to trust that God will take care of us in his way.

P: God, I know those white lies put barriers between you and me. I want to break those barriers and know that you're always there for me, and I don't need to lie. The lies eventually catch up to me, and then I am empty. Please help me to see this before I start those lies. Amen.

Here is a picture from my bible of Abram's journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...