Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Matthew 11

So my iPad battery died and I couldn't find the charger. I could only do emails on my phone so I am copying and pasting yesterday and today's SOAKs now

Good morning ladies. We had such a good day yesterday. It got up to 70, so we BBQ'd outside for lunch and I made homemade root beer to go with it. Both Shawn and I have memories of homemade root beer growing up. The kids got to play on the porch while we BBQ'd and after. It was so nice and relaxing!

S: Matthew 11:25 At that time, Jesus said in reply, "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned, you have revealed them to the childlike."

O: I believe the "wise and the learned" are the Pharisees and scribes, who have rejected Jesus and his teachings. The "childlike" would be those who are open to receive as children are usually open to knowledge and easily accepting.

A: as adults, sometimes we are the wise and learned and it is hard for us to see and believe, where as children more easily take in all of God's wonders. This can also go for those of us who would be "childlike" in their faith and still new to it. I am amazed at how often my daughter helps to open up my eyes and see things in a better light. She often says how "Jesus made this" or "this makes God smile." She's 4. I'm 30. She can make me be humble :)

K: Lord, I want to see things as a child does and be open to your word every moment. Help me to see that I am not too old to still be childlike. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...