Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Leviticus 22

S: Leviticus 22:15-16 The priests shall not allow the sacred offerings which the Israelites contribute to the LORD to be profaned nor make them incur a penalty when they eat their sacred offerings. For I, the LORD, make them holy.

O/A: Any offerings given to the Lord shall not be made unholy. I see "profane" as "made unholy" or to pollute something. When we give offerings to God today, whether it be a donation or confession of sins, we shouldn't allow the offering to be made unholy by not being pure in our offering. If we confess a sin without the intention of turning away from it, we have made our offering profane. If we donate money to the church with an ill will behind the money, it is no longer a holy offering.  
1 Corinthians 13 "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."
This verse can be related in the fact that if our offerings are not with love, they are nothing. 

K: Lord, I pray that I always give with unconditional love and my offerings are pure of heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...