Monday, September 30, 2019

1 Corinthians 1

So my online Bible Study group is on 1 Corinthians, so I think this is a great place to start my weekly Bible posts.

I’m so excited about 1 Corinthians. A few new names here that I wasn’t aware of, so I looked into them. Apollos background can be found in Acts 18:24. Cephas was the name for Peter. As far  as Chloe is concerned, I don’t have much there. Her name isn’t mentioned previously, so I gather she may be a woman of respect in the Corinth area, and her people told Paul about issues going on. If you have an idea, please share it!

S: 1 Corinthians 1:10 I urge you brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose.

O: Paul urged the early church to stand fast together, and not let themselves separate.

A: Reading this verse, I wonder what it would be like if we had listened. If the early church had actually fought to stay together, instead of fighting to be different. God’s initial intention was for all of us to be united in His Word. 2000 years later, that couldn’t be further from the truth. 

We have so many different divisions in the church, and still today churches divide over differences in opinion. We shouldn’t follow opinions, but the Word. When left up to man to interpret, the Bible’s truth has gotten watered down. Leaders have chosen to follow beliefs that make them look better, to put themselves higher on a platform. They use God’s name for people to look at them, instead of using His Word for people to see through them (to Himself).

K: Lord I thank you for my blessings. I pray that you offer forgiveness to those who have dishonored your Word and torn the Church apart. I pray for those who have abused the system in every belief, that their heart may become fully open to you, and they may see their faults. I pray that the Church May come together as you intended, so we can all fully serve you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...