Wednesday, February 5, 2020

2 Kings 9

S: 2 Kings 9:3b Thus says the Lord: I appoint you king over Israel.

O: Though Israel has forgotten God, He has not forgotten His people.

A: God chooses who he wants to rule over his people. In my readings, I’ve seen that the rulers were appointed to either bless an obedient nation or curse a disobedient nation. At this time, he was fulfilling what he told Elijah in 1 Kings 19:16-18 (“Then you shall appoint Jehu, son of Nimshi, king of Israel, and Elisha, son of Shaphat, as prophet to succeed you...) It was Elisha to deliver the appointment of king as Elijah had already passed. But God’s word remained true. And it came to pass just as God said.

God will never forget his people. Even when we choose to turn away from Him, God is waiting with open arms for us to realize what a mess we made and come back. There are so many distractions in our world today, things that may have been put in place to see if we are paying attention. People who are preaching false teachings, news stories trying to divert our attention away from what matters. We are so grateful to have God still want to take us back after all the things we have done and let ourselves get lost in. 

K:Lord thank you for always being there, being willing to take us back in your love. I know I have made choices in my life that were not what you asked, and I am sorry. I pray that I keep my eyes on the path you have designed for me, and that I do not disappoint you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...