Monday, January 25, 2021

Send me (Isaiah 6)

 Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?” “Here I am,” I said; “send me!”

God has done many great things for his people. The greatest being sending our Lord Jesus Christ to the earth,  born as a baby, to live and die for our sins. But somehow, the message has been lost. People continue to turn to worldly things in their search for fulfillment. So God needs s messenger, someone that can reach more people. God wants to send someone who is willing, which is why he asks the question and doesn’t just demand someone. He wants us to hear the call in our heart and respond to him openly.

Isaiah wasn’t a sinless saint responding to God’s call. He himself admits that he has unclean lips, which means he may have used them to speak ill, speak lies, spread contempt, spread deception, amongst other ways our lips cause us to be sinners. He admitted he was a sinner, yet he was still willing to open his heart to God and answer his call. God is calling us to go and bring his Word to others. It is easy to think, ‘I am too busy now,’ ‘Why would he want me?’ ‘There are so many others already,’ ‘Maybe when I find more time,’ etc. The time is now. The world needs us now. You can answer God’s call without dropping all that you have and going across the world to speak to other countries. You can answer his call right in your own town, in your workplace, in your home. Who do you know that needs to hear God’s word today? Who can you bring the light to? Ask God to send you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...