Monday, June 13, 2022

Give me Wisdom (2 Chronicles 1)

2 Chronicles 1:10 Give me, therefore, wisdom and knowledge to govern this people, for otherwise who could rule this vast people of yours?

God appeared to Solomon and told him that whatever he (Solomon) ask for, God would give him. God offered this because Solomon’s heart was open to the Lord. Solomon’s request was for wisdom to lead his people. He could have asked for riches, glory, abundance, etc. But instead of asking for material things, he asked for wisdom. He wanted to be a good leader for the people God put him in charge of. 

How many people wonder the question, “If you won the lottery, what would you do?” Or, after watching the movie Aladdin, “if you had a magic lamp, what would you ask for?” Majority is buying all the things, or asking for all the material things. A bigger house, a bigger car, an island, nicer clothes, new this, bigger that. How many would truly turn the opportunity over like Solomon, and ask to be able to help others. Solomon put the people that God gave him in front of himself, asking for wisdom to be able to guide them. Because God loved him so, he granted him wisdom and blessed him with wealth beyond his imagination. Solomon was devoted to God, and God repaid him.

When we put God’s will first, we we surrender our hearts to God as Solomon did, we too might find blessings. If we are open to Him, when we ask, God will open doors. He would move mountains for us. Instead of riches, desires, earthly things, what should we pray for? What are ways that I can be more open to His will? How can I be better for things I am put in charge of? Lord, I want to surrender myself to your will, and pray that you continue to guide me in all things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...