Friday, April 3, 2015

Matthew 25

We are nearing the end of Matthew. Another chapter almost done. I'm hoping yall have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Matthew 25:13 Therefore, stay awake, for you know neither the day nor the hour. 

Some of the lessons in this chapter are similar to Chapter 24. Jesus doesn't necessarily want us to never sleep. Instead by "stay awake" he wants us to always be ready for we do not know when his return will be. If we are not prepared, it will be like the man to the virgins saying "I do not know you."

This is the same as yesterday in which we should think if he came back today, would we be ready? And honestly I need to strive to live this question daily. I need to do some serious soul searching and get myself there. We have no idea if we will have time to "prepare" for his arrival, since we don't know when that will be. It will happen so w just need to be ready daily. 

Lord, I need you. I need to let go and be ready. Show me how. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...