Monday, November 18, 2019

1 Corinthians 15

1 Corinthians 15:58 Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Chapter 15
"Because death has been swallowed up in victory and we have a hope of resurrection with Christ, we can stand firm.  We can be immovable. We can work hard serving the Lord knowing that all of our labor is not in vain. There is a sure hope of eternal life with Jesus one day!
Do you have days when you are weary from serving the Lord, that you are tempted to feel like maybe it’s not worth it?  How does remembering the truth of our future resurrection with Jesus, help you to not give up and to abound in the work of the Lord?" (https://womenlivingwell.org/2019/09/good-morning-girls-resources-1-corinthians-11-16/)
Do I have days when I am weary? ABSOLUTELY! I know I am serving the Lord in may ways, being a mother for my children, a wife, keeper of the home which includes so many individual daily chores that seem unending and relentless... and this all on top of how I serve in my church. Some of the days of chores that never end, and once all the dishes are washed another magically appears on the counter (because they can not get in the dishwasher on their own), I wonder if it is worth it. I wonder if it even makes a difference. If I make a difference. 
Then I remember all the sins I have committed. And I wonder if God ever wondered if I was worth it, if forgiving me would make a difference. Friends, I am so glad God never gave up on me. I am so glad Jesus didn't take himself off the cross (because I am sure he could have) saying we all weren't really worth it. All of His suffering was not in vain! Because of it, we get to go to heaven. Jesus tore the veil, so we may enter. So how can I ask even once if all my blessings are worth it??
Philippians 2:3 tells us to "Regard others as more important than ourselves." That is just what Jesus did! He considered every single one of us as more important than himself. So I should also consider these little people God has given me as more important than myself. 

Image result for blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...