Sunday, December 22, 2019

Love

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - JOHN 3:16 

That’s sometimes hard to fathom, the love God has for us. He loves us so much, he gave his only Son to the world, only for the world to put Him to death. 

Abraham showed that kind of devotion and love to God, when he brought his son Isaac to the offering table as instructed. Abraham has prayed for Issac for so long, and was willing to give him up to show God that he loved God more than anything. That’s the same thing God was doing for us! He wanted to show us He loved us more than anything, so he offered up his son for our love. 

Jesus gave us unconditional love. He willingly followed God’s plan in his life to be able to take away our sins so we may have a chance to be with God in heaven. And that love is for everybody! It doesn’t matter who you are, what condition you come from or how much money you have. If you allow Jesus to give you his love, you will have it!

Jesus gave us his love unconditionally and wants us to do the same for others. He wants us to show others love without strings attached. Not because of who or what they are. But just because of Him. There are conditions where it is hard to give love away. As a mom, I’ve been in most of situations where it is hard to show love at a moment. I know I can just ask Jesus to give me love so that I can pass it on, and I am overwhelmed by it, and it settles my emotions so I can love my children as I should. The same goes with people who have hurt us. We should still offer them love as Jesus did for us. We just may go need to pray for the strength to do so.

This is Christmas week, and there is no better time to give our hearts away to others. Christmas is about giving, loving, putting others before ourselves and expecting nothing is return. Ask Jesus to be with you with every person you meet this week. Smile at strangers. Say hello to those you normally wouldn’t. Hold the door open for others. Show Jesus in your actions. It’s the best way to show His love. 

Father God, Thank you for Your generous love to me. Thank you that You see the abundance in my life rather than all the shortfalls I have. Help me to offer that same gracious love to those I mingle with this Christmas season. Pour Your love into my heart so I can give it away. May they know I am a follower of Jesus by my love. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...