Friday, July 9, 2021

His Forgivness (Isaiah 63)

Isaiah 63:7 The favors of the Lord I will recall, the glorious deeds of the Lord.

God has done so many things for us all throughout our history. From the very beginning, he gave us life and a wonderful world to live in. And we turned against his word. Time and time again, the people turned against God. Forgot his promises. Even after their judgements and punishments after their exile and destruction, after they cried out and God redeemed them, they would forget again. 

In this chapter, verse 1–6, we are reminded of what happens when we turn from God. Verses 11-13 remind if so all the wondrous deeds God has done for his people, Israel. I think of all the wonderful deeds in my own lifetime that I have witnessed. I remember all the favors he has blessed me with, even after the times I turned away and wasn’t loyal. If I would have continued to choose the wrong path and walk away from him, where would I be today? Would he have continued to reach out for me if I continued to spit on his word? Time and time again, he let me come back because he is a wonderful and loving God.

I am truly blessed to know God, and I will praise his glorious deeds till my last day. He has guided me through the darkness, walked with me through the fires, and parted the waters for me. In his kind mercy, I have been forgiven because I truly repented. And his forgiveness is wonderful. 

Lord, I give you thanks and praise for receiving me time and time again. Thank you for not giving up on me. I know that is not your way Lord. I pray for those who feel lost in the world, looking for answers. I pray that you put someone in their life to help them find the path they need to take to get back to you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...