Saturday, August 7, 2021

First Day of School


Our kids started school yesterday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, here in Hattiesburg. It is a little earlier than other states school, and I haven’t quite figured out why, but I’m not complaining. The public school system here switched to near “year-round” schedule, though it’s not technically year round. They started July 23. 

Mine are heading to 2nd, 1st, and 6th grade. To my kids, it seems like summer flew by. For me, it has in a way, but since I was super busy helping us unpack, get adjusted, find friends, go to play dates, summer camps, soccer drills, etc., I am ready to have time to myself to stop and think. 




The school was decorated by Card My Yard Hattiesburg, and very welcoming. On Thursday, we were able to go to campus for orientation for the kids, so they were able to see their classrooms and meet their teachers. All with masks on. At drop off on the first day, there were several parent volunteers available to help kids get out of the car and point the way to their classrooms. We were not allowed to get down and walk them in due to COVID. But my kids put on brave faces and stepped out onto their new campus. 


After school, there was lots to say about their new classrooms, new people, new lunch cafeteria, playground, and work. There was also a lot of “I don’t remember,” which is quite acceptable from the 6 year old. It was a big day. We are looking forward to this new school year, and the children learning about God daily on top of what they see at home. 


Please, pray this prayer with me as we all send our kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews, friends, to school:

Dear Heavenly Father, 

For all the children returning to school, send your Holy Spirit as their guide and protector. Keep them free from danger and unnecessary harm. Put our sons and daughters in the right place, at the right time, to receive your grace. Let them learn and grow strong. May the presence of your spirit fill their hearts. Help us to mature as parents and caregivers. Bless every family, O Lord. We entrust our children to you, dear God. Since from the beginning, they are yours to keep. In the name of the greatest son of all, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...