Monday, September 13, 2021

Gifts from Above (Galatians 1:1-5)

 Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle not from human beings nor through a human being but through Jesus Christ and God the Father

Paul addresses his letter to the Galatians by first letting them know that he is an apostle, but he was not given this role by another human, nor another one of the disciples. He was given the role of apostle by Jesus and God, so the words that flow from Paul are indeed from Jesus. His words contain a specific authority, and should be worth more than words given from a man made prophet.

Paul's gift of apostleship from God is a reminder that our gifts also come from God. And we all have different gifts. When we use our gifts, we should truly turn the attention to God, and not take pride in something we couldn't achieve on our own. Nor do we obtain them from another person on this planet. We must also remember, that just as Paul was not always successful in using his apostleship to change hearts, we will not always be successful in our gifts. But that doesn't mean God wasn't there or God didn't care. 

I am humbled when I read about the people God chose to lead His war. These people were sinners, like me. They failed, like me. But God chose them for a reason, just like me. I may not always get it right, and even when I use my gifts right, it may not always have the outcome I was hoping for. But God knows why he put me in the place I am, and I will take comfort in knowing that He is in charge.

Lord, I kneel in prayer today, thanking you for the gifts you have given me. When I falter Lord, thank you for your grace. Thank you for humbling me to remind me that it is only through your power that my gifts will grow and multiply. Thank you for never leaving me alone. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...