Monday, September 15, 2014

2 Peter 1

A new day, a new week, a new book. I hope you other ladies are enjoying this bible study as much as I am. I look forward to getting my bible out, sitting down with God and a cup of coffee each morning. I'm choosing to do my study at 5 AM (hence the early emails most days) because everyone else in the house is still asleep. So it really is my quiet time before the day begins. If I could just get this iPad to stop trying to autocorrect my typing, I could get the posts done. It could just be the keyboard is smaller than a computer. I tried the voice over feature. It doesn't understand my accent apparently... :)

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has bestowed on us everything that makes for life and devotion, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and power.

O: it is by God's mercy that we get to be here today. God has given us everything we need to survive this life to make it to heaven. It is not by man alone that we find our way to God.

A: It is through God's a allowing that we are doing the bible study. That little thought in our mind or curiosity about participating in this journey through the bible came from him.  God has given us what we need to do daily devotions. We just need to make the small attempt each day to appreciate that God has called us and continues to call us. 

P: God, please help me to hear your calling. When I try to make excuses, put a little more angst in my heart so I know I should give in to your will. By your will I am saved. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...