Tuesday, June 29, 2021

His Ways are Better (Isaiah 55)

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are my ways above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts. 

God is very bluntly saying he does NOT think like we do. Neither does he act the way we do.  His thoughts and actions are on a much larger scale. God made us in hie image, but he did not create us exactly as himself. That shouldn’t keep us from seeking God, but instead should humble us into realizing we are not God. We do not get the all knowing power of God. We do not get to know what our future will hold. God gave us power in choice. We have the ability to make a choice between good and evil. With that power also comes consequences. 

I have gotten mad before when God didn’t do what I thought was best. For instance, when an ex fiancĂ© walked away, and I promised God everything to get him back. Now as a wife and mother of three (not to the ex, but someone so much better), I am beginning to understand that God sees things so much better than I do. What I see as a forest fire, he sees as smoldering embers. I need to trust that he will always know what is best for me, and let him guide me. His ways are better for you too, so let him guide you.

Lord, thank you for keeping me humble when I get too haughty. Thank you for teaching me daily the ways to heaven. I praise your glorious name for your everlasting mercy and grace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...