Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Just Breathe (Isaiah 46)

Isaiah 46:9 I am God, there is no other; I am God, there is none like me. 

It is so easy to walk through life and forget things. Our minds become so busy and focused on other matters, that some things just slip our mind. Where did I leave my keys? Where did I put my phone down? Where did I leave the other sock? What was I just thinking about? 

This same is true with our thoughts of God. We get so caught up in our day, we forget to stop and give Him praise and glory. First thing in the morning, regardless of how much you overslept, regardless of how little you slept, just breathe and thank Him for allowing you to wake up. We don’t honestly know when our last morning will be. During the day, on your commute, when that car slams his breaks, or almost hits you, just breathe and thank God that He was with you. In the evening, when you are overwhelmed and all the kids are yelling, and there is food on the floor, and dinner was burnt, just breathe and praise God. Praise him that you have a family to tend to. Praise him that you have a home to tend to. Praise him that you have food in your belly. 

There are plenty of times to give God thanks during the day. There is no other God like him, so we should find ways to say thank you more often. Turn away from our man made idols (work, money, TV, social media, etc), and give praise to God for day. Truly open your heart and listen for his word. Then be the light for others to find Him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...