Friday, July 22, 2011

Where to start...

This blog will be used as an outlet for me. All my life I had plans and goals, and I expected them to happen in a certain order. Of course God didn't have that same course drawn out for me. I come from a small town in south Louisiana. Growing up in a small town, you know just about everyone. I made great friends that stayed my friends all the way through school. By the time I became a Senior, I was itching for more than the small life had to offer. So I headed to Monroe.

I started college in Pre-Pharmacy. Due to the politics of the school, I wasn't on the "in" list, though I was more than qualified. That was the first kink in my plan. So I switched to Toxicology. I made some great friends that I still hold dear. After a fall out with my then fiance', I headed back to the big ole' town of Erath. Another kink. I got a job at an environmental laboratory, where I later met my husband. He was accepted into medical school in Shreveport, so we moved together. No we weren't married, but that was a choice we made. He propsed to me in Jamaica during a vacation I won. I was on top of the world, picking out colors, flowers, buying my wedding dress... That which happened 2 days before I found out I was pregnant. Yet another kink.

But I realized that at 25 years old, with a state job, a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree, I had NOTHING to be ashamed of. To me, this baby growing inside me was the greatest gift God has ever bestowed upon me. And I very well let that be known to any and every one who gave me a side eye when they noticed I was not wearing a wedding band.

My husband and I welcomed our sweet baby girl into our lives 4 months after our wedding day. Ready or not, we were parents. I breastfed my daughter for the first 7 months, and wish I could have gone longer, but an infection and mediciation cut that short. At 6 months, a very good friend introduced me to cloth diapers and baby wearing. My daughter is the light of my life and I thank God every day for the path he has given me. People constantly say "what if" when looking back on their lives. Any change in your life would mean you wouldn't be who or where you are today. There is no way I would change a single thing, moment, decision, etc in my life. My little family is perfect. You can take us as is, or leave. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...