Friday, December 2, 2011

Catch up

I can't believe I have let this blog go an entire month without an entry! How embarrassing. Time to play catch-up:
Jeanne is doing well at her new day care. She plays well with her classmates, eats well, and sleeps well. She does cry when I arrive to take her home. I watch her in the window and she is perfectly fine. Then I walk in the door, she drops whatever she is playing with, starts crying and runs to me. Shawn has no problems when he drops her off in the mornings. She opens her arms wide for the teacher. When I bring her, it is before her teacher is there, so we go in another classroom, and Jeanne does not like it. She holds on tight to my legs and cries hard. I end up handing her to that class's teacher and rushing out, trying not to cry myself. Jeanne's teacher usually arrives 5-10 minutes after I leave, and I am told Jeanne is much happier then.


We went back to Erath/Lafayette for Thanksgiving. It was nice to see all the family. It is hard driving back and forth so that everyone gets to see Jeanne. So we usually split the trip evenly. It is only hardest on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, etc because everyone thinks they need to see us that day. We did lunch at my mom's, then drove to Lafayette to see Shawn's family that night. Then went back to Erath on the Friday/Saturday and finally back to Lafayette on the Saturday/Sunday. We were exhausted.


We took Jeanne to go see Santa this week. It was free at Bass Pro Shop. I'm not convinced that Jeanne is crying because of Santa. I honestly don't think she saw him. I was holding her towards me, placed her down, and slowly backed up. She didn't appreciate it at all. I guess we have separation anxiety issues to work through...


Work has been crazy busy. Busy enough that I am not looking forward to training classes I enrolled in because they are falling at inconvenient times. I travelled to the bottom of our region this week for an incident just to find out that the incident actually happened right over the line in the next region. Yay for driving 3 hours for nothing.

I am so tired lately when I get home. Could be from the lack of sleep. I fall asleep fine, but for some reason if I wake up, I have the hardest time getting back to sleep. Most of the time, I end up lying awake in bed for the rest of the night. It is no fun. If it keeps up, I know I need to see a doctor. I don't want the waking up to become habit. My mind just starts wondering. About work, , moving, finding a house, finding a job, the possibility of us staying, growing old...
Well I really need to get some work done. I will try better to keep more up-to-date entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...