Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year












We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. My little one had a ball being with our family. She helped as my sister, mom, and I baked cookies. She helped rolled the dough into little balls, then tried to eat them. Pop, her grandpa, bought her a few new toys to play with before Christmas. She got a little 4-wheeler that she has to move herself and some balloons with the rubber band on the end to bounce. I enjoyed watching her get so excited.

For Christmas Eve, we (grandkids) put on skits at Mamaw and Papaw's house. Jeanne stole the show! She was not scared at all about being the center of attention.

We had a wonderful time at Copper Mountain, Colorado after Christmas. It was nice getting to see snow (being from South Louisiana, I have seen and remembered snow 4 times in my 27 years, all of which was in north Louisiana). We all had a good time once we got there. The first day with the flights being delayed and such was not fun. Jeanne was excellent on the plane! She stared out the window and "oooh" "ahhh" at the sites below. She slept during the second flight, which was 2 hours.




My  mom, husband, and I all tried the skiing. It was hard at first! Ok, it was hard all 6 times I went down the slope!!! But it was fun trying something new. The speed scared me, but the funny thing is, I kept going! Pop took care of Jeanne while we all skied. They played out in the snow and watched all the people going down the slopes. My sister, brother, and his friend snow boarded. That was crazy! They did well with it on the second day.

It was a wonderful trip, but I am glad to be back. I should have taken a picture of my desk when I got into work this morning. Funny thing is, work doesn't take a vacation just because I did!! :-)

1 comment:

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...