Wednesday, March 4, 2020

2 Kings 17

S: 2 Kings 17:33 But while venerating the Lord, they served their own gods, following the worship of the nations from among who they had been deported. 

O: The people of Israel and Judah had lost sight of God.

A: This whole chapter is a mess. The people of Israel and Judah made their choice to ignore God’s warning, and chose to continue to worship false gods. Their children learned from them and continued to follow their parents suit. When you are in a house where God isn’t mentioned, unless someone else is sent by God to cross your path, you won’t know him by no fault of your own. But if these children heard God and also ignored him, then it is their fault as well. 

We have many “gods” that we are choosing to let command our lives. TV, video games, money, stature; the list can go on and on. We need to be better role models for our children. My fault is reading. I LOVE to read, and when I get settled into a good book, it’s just as hard for me to break connection with it as it is for a child playing a video game. I think having the kids see me read is a good thing and might help instill reading for them. I don’t read all day if they are home, and I get my own chores done before I sit down. Mostly at their nap-time and before my bedtime. But I have been known to ignore their request for something because I’m reading. The hardest is when it’s on the iPad (on the digital library bc the paper copy wasn’t available). Because then I’m telling them no they can’t play on the iPad (they have to earn time anyway) and need to go play outside but I am on the iPad.

K: Lord let me be a servant of your Word, that I never put idols in front of you. I pray my children see you through my actions and hear you .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...