Monday, March 2, 2020

2 Kings 16


S: 2 Kings 16:7 I am your servant and you son. Come and rescue me from the clutches of the king of Aram and the King of Israel, who are attacking me.

O: Ahaz surrendered to one enemy to defeat another.

A: Instead or appealing to God, begging for forgiveness in hopes of defeating his enemy, Ahaz appeals to a foreign country for help. He brings the king of Assyria treasures from his temple and pledges loyalty to him.

He refused to trust in God. I can only imagine how much better his kingdom could have fared if he would have prayed for help. In our times of weakness and struggle, we must turn to God like David did, Psalm 18:6 “In my distress, I call upon my Lord...” What Ahaz did by submitting himself to the king of Assyria was make him and Judah a pawn in Assyria’s plan to gain control. We should be no one's pawn in life. We are here to submit ourselves only to God’s will, and make our way to heaven.

K: Lord I pray that no matter how gloomy it may get, that your light will always shine for us to see. So we may never think of looking for help elsewhere on this earth, and not fall in Satan’s power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...