Thursday, February 11, 2021

Breaker of chains (Isaiah 19)

 Isaiah 19:21 The Lord shall make himself known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the Lord in that day.

This chapter really brings to life the fact that God loves everyone. The Egyptians were a great power, and at many time, a force against Israel. The Egyptians had many gods of their own, and although God tried to show them using the plagues that their gods were worthless, they still refused to believe. So Isaiah prophesied that Egypt would fall under cruel and foolish leaders, and they would have serious crop and farming issues. 

Even after all his anger directed at Egypt, God plans to save Egypt! Once he hears the Egyptians cry out from their oppression, he will send a “savior to defend and deliver them.” God even calls them “my people” in verse 25. He plans, just as he had with his own Israel, to let them struggle under terrible rulers so they realize that he is the one true king. Then he plans to release mercy upon them. The conversion of Egypt should be a powerful witness to those who question God’s love. He offered grace even to people who were considered the worst at the time. He said he would send a savior, he taught them how to pray, and he blessed them. If he would do this for the worst of the people, why would you think he wouldn’t hear your cries?

Jesus saved us from sin. He broke through the chains for us. There is no sin too great to be released from, if we are truly sorry. If you feel someone or something has power or authority over you, and this is causing you great stress, find a spiritual counselor, find a priest, find a pastor. Talk to someone about how Jesus’s love can release you from your oppression.

Lord I thank you for today and for every day you have given me. Thank you for the blessings in my life. Thank you for loving me enough to release me from my sins. I pray that you stay by my side as we continue this new adventure in our life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...