Thursday, February 4, 2021

Zion (Isaiah 14)

Isaiah 14:32 What will one answer the messengers of the nation? "The Lord has established Zion, and in her the afflicted of his people find refuge."

One of the hills in ancient Jerusalem was called Zion, where an ancient fortress was captured by King David. And we know that through David, we see the line that goes on to Jesus. So Zion was established by God as the "city of God," for his people. In Isaiah's continued prophecy, Zion will be the place all exiles will be restored through salvation. This is the Holy Land. 

Zion is God's chosen place. It is the foundation of his love for his people. He made it with such a strong foundation, that no matter the storm that tries to tear it down, it will not fall. God's love for us is the same, strong enough to withstand anything thrown at it. Isn't that wonderful to know, that no matter how we fail, God still loves us? He wants to be close to us. He wants to be our refuge, a place we can find comfort. 

God has a plan for us, and continues to allow us to come back time and time again. God holds our future. He holds a place for us in his kingdom. Even the wretched and broken. Even those who fail and those who sin. All we have to do is trust in God and his mercy, and we will find the gates open wide. Let his love be your fortress against the wicked. You can find comfort in him. 

Lord I thank you for loving me enough to continue to want to be with me. I am sorry that I choose actions sometimes that push you away. I am truly thankful to be in your presence and I am blessed to receive you grace and mercy. Thank you for being willing to continue to mold me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...