Monday, April 13, 2020

Hosea 3


Chapter 3 is titled Triumph of Love.
The people of Israel still turn to others gods in-spite of the love from God. In reflection, the Lord tells Hosea to give his love to a woman. So Hosea buys her from her prostitution, telling her he can give her more than any other man can offer. Then he tells her:

Hosea 3:3-5 "Many days you shall wait for me; you shall not play the harlot. or belong to any man; I in turn will wait for you."  For the people of Israel shall remain many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or household idol. Then the people of Israel shall turn back and seek the Lord their God.

Because Israel turned from God, and God has taken everything away,  Israel will not have the national or political leadership she needs, spiritual leadership she needs, or the supernatural guidance and idols she thinks she needs. Not until they turn back and seek out God. And without anything in her way (now that Israel isn't seeking fulfillment in false idols, false leaders), her heart can be open to God. Anyone can enjoy the blessing of a restored relationship with God if they turn back to Him.

We, as a country, need to turn from our false idols back to God. We need to open our heart to God before He walks away. We need to restore our relationship with God.

My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong, and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...