Monday, June 28, 2021

His Love Never Leaves (Isaiah 54)

Isaiah 54:10 Though the mountains leave their place and the hills be shaken my love shall never leave you nor my covenant of peace be shaken, says the Lord, who has mercy on you.

As summer is here, and we are nearer to the coast, we are once again alert to the tropical season. I am fully aware of the destruction hurricanes can bring, as we lost our childhood home to hurricane Rita in 2005. My kids have watched a few documentaries in Katrina and Rita, and saw the awesome and terrifying power these storms can unleash. But through all the destruction, the greatest thing we learned is that God had not abandoned us. That is what I am using the television part to teach my kids. Even though the ground was flooded, and things were lost, as it says here in Isaiah 54, God’s love never left us. 

It is good to be prepared for bad weather, because it can occur all over at any time. But we shouldn’t be fearful of it. Prepare your house as you prepare you heart. Be ready for the storm as we ready ourselves for daily battle against the devil. And then we put our faith in God and remember things are just things. God will take care of us in the end, even if it is helping up pick up our shattered pieces. 

Lord you are an awesome God. Almighty and ever powerful. Thank you for never leaving me, though I have turned my back on you at times. Your love for me is unending, and I pray that my praise and work in your name is enough to deserve your love. Please watch over us this summer as we continue to adjust to our new life. Glory to you, Lord God of heaven and earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...