Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Tired, Beaten, and Broken (Isaiah 50)

Isaiah 50:6 I give my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who tore out my beard; my face I did not hide from insults and spitting. 

Perseverance. Meaning persisting in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success. Jesus persevered in spreading God’s word despite knowing how people pushed against him. Despite the hate. Despite knowing how it would end. He willfully obeyed God all the way to his death for us. Again, he suffered, grew tired, was beaten, and broken FOR US. He did this for us even though he knew we may turn our backs. Even though he knew we may continue to push against his love. He continued on this path just because he loved us. 

That breaks my heart. 

What kind of love that must be. To truly give oneself completely, including death on a cross. 

And I complain when I’m tired. I complain after long hours and days of packing and unpacking. I complain after needing a break from hearing “mom” 10,000 times. I grow tired and weary from putting on a happy face. From pretending to be ok all the time. When I feel I am at my limit, I do not persevere. I break and I give in. 

Lord, I long to be more like Jesus. I want to be more humble, and put others before myself. I want to continue along the road you have given me, even when I am tired and weary. I want to say, “yes,” like Mary did. I want to push on. I pray that you continue to be with me every day, just as you were the day before. Thank you for walking with me, Lord. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...