Monday, June 21, 2021

When We Feel Forgotten (Isaiah 49)

Isaiah 49:1b The Lord called me from birth, from my mother’s womb he gave me my name. 

Isaiah 49:4 Though I thought I had toiled in vain, and for nothing, uselessly, spent my strength, yet my reward is with the Lord, my recompense with God. 

There are times in life where we might feel unimportant. No matter how hard we seem to work at something, we may not feel it recognized. We may feel forgotten, unseen. Whether it is at work, at home, in the community, in the church, we can feel overlooked no matter what we have put into that job. 

God has never forgotten us. He knew us before he made us, then he called us from birth. We were his long before we were ourselves. And God sees everything. We should be doing everything for his glory and not for our own recognition. He sees how hard we are working at our job. He sees how much we put in as a mother. He knows what efforts we put back into our community. And he is with us as we volunteer for the church. We will get our rewards and our praise, friend. It may not be until we are at his door, but God’s compensation is greater than any monetary or thanks received on earth. 

Lord, I trust in you. On my good days and bad, I continue to trust in you. I pray that you help me continue to put my trust in you every single day. Though I feel unimportant in my days, I know you value everything I do, Lord. Thank you for the graces I have received and I will continue to praise you in my roles you have bestowed upon me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...