Friday, September 17, 2021

Hypocrisy (Galatians 2:11-16)

Galatians 2:14 …If you, though a Jew, are living like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews?

Paul challenged Cephas and Barnabas for their inconsistency of teaching the Gentiles. When they first arrived, they ate with the non-Jews and began teaching them, but then fell into the Gentiles way of living. Then when influential Jewish leaders arrived, they became fearful and stopped, and acted like they had lived as Jews the whole time. 

If we are not living as God has instructed us, how can we bring others close to Christ? If we are afraid of being seeing helping others who need God, how can we show them God’s way? If we choose to continue to live in sin, how can we tell others about God’s word on morals? If we pretend to be living God’s word outside our home, but inside it, we do the opposite, how does that show God our faith in him? What right do we have to try and convince someone else to live in God’s word if we do not? This is simply hypocrisy. 

Lord, I pray that you continue to break me from the world, so I do not fall into the world. I want to live in your Word, Lord God. It is my honor to put your first in everything I do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...