Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Manipulation (Galatians 1:6-10)

Galatians 1:10 Am I now currying favor with human beings or God? Or am I seeking to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ. 

Paul is speaking to the Galatians who were new converts to Christianity, those who have allowed others to fill their heads with false gospel. These people have turned away so soon from Jesus's grace. They were fooled into believing words from others who claimed to also know Jesus, but were perverting the gospel that Jesus prevented by adding things to Jesus's words. These people were trying to twist the true gospel to better fit their wants and desires, to fit around what they believed to be right. Instead of trying to please God with following what was actually told to them by Jesus, they were trying to please themselves and please other men with their false gospel to gain more followers. 

We are not called to please other men. We are not called to seek favors with humans. We are called to please God. And the only way to do that is to follow the Word he has given us. This requires us to seriously consider who we are listening to, and what is the message. Are they trying to manipulate God's truth to fit their means? Are they bending and twisting the Bible to better fit today's standards? 

Questions to ponder: Am I sharing the truth when I speak of God? Or do I twist his truth for my personal gain? Do I manipulate his Word to make my actions seem right? Am I allowing someone else to manipulate God's word and therefore manipulate me?

Lord, I pray that your Word always be in my heart. I pray that when I speak, I speak your truth. I pray that I seek only to please you, and not man. I pray that you continue to guide me through these difficult times we are in, and fully put my faith and trust in you, and in those you have gifted to help us. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...