Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Who am I called to be? (Galatians 1:11-24

Galatians 1:12-13 For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ. For you heard of my former way of life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it.

Paul was a zealot, uncompromising in his position of his ancestral Jewish traditions and ideals, and was a persecutor of the church. He swore murderous threats against the disciples of Jesus. Then one day, on the road to Damascus to collect names of men and women belonging to Jesus's way, Paul encountered Jesus. Jesus struck Paul blind and told him to go into the city and await instruction. There, Ananias healed Paul and told him he would gain the Holy Spirit. (Acts 9)

God chose Paul to be an instrument for his Word. Paul, someone known for hunting down followers of Jesus. Paul, a sinner. God chose him to spread his Word. If God could choose a man known as a murder, a sinner, why wouldn't God also want me? It's so easy to think that we aren't good enough for God to want us. But he does! He chose us before we were in our mother's wombs. He created our plan way before we were made. He is calling us to use our gifts for Him. We are enough. You are enough. I am enough. Because Jesus Christ died on a cross for our sins. Through his grace, we are called. 

Who is God calling you to be? Are you going to pick up that call?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...