Friday, October 1, 2021

Galatians 5:16-18

Somehow I got my numbers and days mixed up and did too large a section at once. I am fixing it.

Galatians 5:17 For the flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you may not do what you want.

The Holy Spirit lives inside us if we walk with Jesus. If we live with the Holy Spirit, we are not going to fall to the desires of the flesh. Because the Holy Spirit will totally fill us, so there is not room for those desires to come to fruition. The thought is similar to Matthew 6:24, in saying “No one can serve two masters… you cannot serve both God and mammon.” If we begin to serve the desires of the flesh, we are no longer walking with Jesus. We will not be doing what we want, no longer living how we know we should. 


Lord I pray the Holy Spirit stays with me so that I don’t fall for the desires of the flesh anymore. I don’t want to separate myself from you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...