Wednesday, October 6, 2021

A Gentle Spirit (Galatians 6:1-5)

 Galatians 6:1 Brothers, even if a person is caught in some transgression, you who are spiritual should correct that one in a gentle spirit, looking to yourself, so that you also may not be tempted. 


It is very easy to see the sins of others sometimes and forget that we too are sinners. In Matthew 7:3, Jesus says, “Why do you notice the splinter in your brothers eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own?” 


We need to approach others who have faults with a gentle spirit. If we approach with harsh criticism, and then we sin, we are considered hypocritical. Harshness will do nothing for helping another’s heart grow closer to God. It is through kindness and patience, through living in the Spirit, that we help others see Jesus.


This is hardest for me with my children. It’s easy to overlook that they have their own burdens to carry. I can use gentle spirit with adults, but if my children do something wrong, I quickly turn to anger. 


Lord I pray for a gentle spirit with my children. I know that I view their faults larger than they really are. And I know that when I shout in anger to them, I am doing no good for their soul. Help me to grow closer to you Lord so that I can leave them closer to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...