Friday, October 8, 2021

live in Faith (Galatians 6:11-18)

Galatians 6:14 But May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul was saying he wouldn’t boast because of advances he made in the world. He didn’t need glory from achievements of the world. He would not live to serve men. Those who strive for riches, fame, power or status are living in the world. They do good things just so people see them. They are of the flesh. The powerful people in Paul’s time followed Christ in a “do as I say, not as I do” fashion. They would do things that people could see and say things to make themselves look better than they were. But they weren’t truly living in faith of Christ. 


We must follow Paul in this manner. We must strive to increase our faith in Christ. We must devote our whole self to him, and not live for the world. 


Lord, I pray that I strive to boast for you and the cross. I pray I don’t become susceptible to the ways of the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...