Friday, January 21, 2022

We Should Love First (Ephesians 4:1-7)


Ephesians 4:1-2 “lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,”

If we truly understand what God did for us, what Jesus did for us, we would lead a life deserving of his love without thought. We should want to abide by God’s law and his calling without doubt because of what he has already done for us. It shouldn’t be about living a with disregard, knowing that he forgives our sins. We should be living doing our best NOT to sin in the first place because of him. 

In all situations we should continue to fall upon the thought of Jesus on the cross. He suffered and died for me. If I continue on this path, am I doing his death Justice? Or am I just slapping him in the face? In what ways can I live better? I can certainly work on being gentler. That is never an easy way for me. But I know that when I am harsh, and I see my children’s face, I know I have sinned against Jesus’s calling for me. Every day I need to put Jesus first instead of my own impatience. I need to put love first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...