Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Preparing

So, I have been feeling better the last few days. Thank goodness! The nausea has subsided and I have more energy. I got my husband to watch "The Business of Being Born" this past weekend. Now I want to watch "Pregnant in America." They both show women who choose home births and natural births. Although my husband is not for us having a home birth, after watching the movie, I feel he has more understanding of why I want to do a natural birth with no meds this time, and have a doula. Not that there is anything wrong with medical interventions when necessary. I just want a different delivery this time.

Speaking of doulas, here is mine's website. She also works with Birth Works in Little Rock as well as being a midwife in her own business. I have met with her once and am already so pleased! I am currently reading The Birth Partner, which is really good information about the doula and the woman's birth partner (husband, lover, friend, etc) role in the delivery.

I know that even with all the planning, something can change that day do to unforeseen issues. I pray not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...