Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Nearing the end!

So with about 6 weeks left, I am trying to finish all my lists and get everything ready. We already have his bed set up and his part of the room decorated. I have his clothes washed and saved as well as his cloth diapers. My coworkers decided they have to throw me a shower because this is my first pregnancy with them. So I did the painful task of making a registry at Babies R Us. Painful you ask? Yes. It was terrible trying to figure out what exactly I wanted to put on my registry while looking up and down the aisles at the store. At least it wasn't as hard as the first pregnancy when I had no idea what I needed.

I have entered the "end of pregnancy fatigue" stage. It hit me like a ton of bricks this go round. Probably because I am chasing a toddler around after a full day at work. But, I find myself laughing a lot these last few days at work and I feel extremely happy. So, I think I am doing well.



I have completed the devotional Wife After God, and am so happy I bought the book. See my review here. Whether he sees it or not, I feel closer to my husband. Being a little more worn out lately, it is harder for me to be as excited as I should be when I see him, but I am trying. It is the little things that count. Starting with hugs when he (or I if I am later) gets in from work, praying deeper for him and our marriage at night, telling and showing him that I love him are all things that are working to make our marriage closer.

I have found a new website to follow, the Happy Wives Club. Today's article is titled "The Husband Gratitude List." After reading it, I think I will start one in my journal that I did the devotional in. So to start my list, 1.) My husband is a wonderful father! Have you started your list yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...