Saturday, August 24, 2013

Never take things for granted

As I sit here in bed, sipping a good cup of Community Coffee, I'm listening to my little girl snoring softly next to me. Her daddy went visit friends for the weekend, so I let her climb into my bed last night. My little boy is already kicking away in my tummy. Oh, how I have enjoyed this pregnancy, even through the sickness and aches. I look forward to meeting him
In a few weeks. 

As I look at my beautiful daughter, my heart fills with sadness and joy. Sadness because she has grown so much in three short years. Joy because I look forward to being a part of her journey as she continues to grow and discover new things. I remember her being so little and wanting her to learn to walk, talk, and be more independent. Now there are times I wish she would sit still, not be so loud, and need me a little more. Ha!

With my husband out of town, I realize how much I have depended on him these last few weeks. How much I miss him. How much I love him. And this makes me realize I need to show him how I feel when he is here. My husband is a wonderful man who works hard each and every day to help our family. And he is such an awesome father. 

It's funny how once they leave for a few days you realize how much they mean to you. At least I know he will return at the end of the weekend. I have someone close to me who lost her husband very suddenly 2 years ago. Everyday she goes through the sadness of him not being there. I don't think she ever took him for granted. She knew how amazing he was and his children knew he was a awesome father. But as I am reminded of her loss, I realize I need to take the time every day to appreciate my husband, and tell him how much I love him. Because you never know when God will call your loved ones home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...