Wednesday, November 20, 2019

1 Corinthians 16

1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith. Be courageous, be strong. Your every act should be done with love. 

O: With all Paul has taught in 1 Corinthians, his main fo us is God’s greatest commandment: love. Every spiritual gift given should be used with love, or it means nothing. 

A: One of the things I try hard with (and fail most often) is doing things with gratitude. You know, 3 kids make a lot of laundry and dirty dishes. They do take care of most of it, but it’s the times where I feel overwhelmed (bc I didn’t ask for help) and get all grumbly about doing all the work. I forget how blessed we are: we have a dishwasher and a washing machine. I’m only really doing half the work. And I can’t even do that with love. I’m trying to teach my children not to grumble, but I know they get it from me. 

Our works and love for the church needs to be in our houses also. I need to show my children how to be on guard against the devil, stand firm in my faith, and one of these small these is to not grumble about the chores. Instead I should show love and respect for all that I am given, and that will continue on to my acts for the church. 

K: Lord, thank you for all the things in my life that you have blessed me with. Thank you for the people and the literal things that make our life easier. I pray I can stand firm in every act I do and show your love through my works. Thank you for the opportunities you presented to us and I pray you guide us down the right path. 

"The Corinthian church needed clarity on many issues inside the church that were causing divisions. As Paul closes out his letter, he reminds them one last time to seek to do everything out of a heart of love for one another.

This is the same message we need in our churches today.  There would be so much less division in our churches, if we would simply let all that we do, be done in love.  In what ways can you show more love inside of your church? Write a prayer below asking God to help you apply all that you have learned through the book of 1 Corinthians in your life." "
https://womenlivingwell.org/2019/09/good-morning-girls-resources-1-corinthians-11-16/


Image result for love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...