Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Many Doors (Isaiah 22)

Isaiah 22:22 I will place a key of the House of David on his shoulder, when he opens,  no one shall shut, when he shuts, no one shall open.

Isaiah is predicting that Eliakim will be the next chief steward to the king, as he was devoted to the Lord. The chief steward was given a key to the palace, to lock and unlock doors as necessary. But God's key was the key to unlock life in heaven. Eliakim's role is a prophecy of the Messiah, because we know Jesus hols the keys to heaven. We read in Revelation 3:7-9 a similiar verse:

“To the angel of the church in Philadelphia, write this:
“‘The holy one, the true,
who holds the key of David,
who opens and no one shall close,
who closes and no one shall open,
says this:
“‘“I know your works (behold, I have left an open door before you, which no one can close). You have limited strength, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.
Behold, I will make those of the assembly of Satan who claim to be Jews and are not, but are lying, behold I will make them come and fall prostrate at your feet, and they will realize that I love you.

Jesus has the ability to open and shut doors as he pleases. We need to accept both, the open and the shut. It is more common to try to fight the current than to just accept it as is. This is what I have been praying for since we knew about the possibility of our current move. If this is an open door, that it may open wide without interference, but if this is not what is to come, close the door and let it be known. There were many closed doors along our journey. We still have many obstacles we are facing during the next few months, and each day I continue to praise Jesus for the path he has opened for us, and I am having to put my trust in him daily, knowing HE alone is the one who opens and closes doors. And that trust must cover all potential outcomes because of our move. It is not easy, friends, to let go of control in that way, but in the end, it is the way to stand strong in God's love.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...