Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Our Lifeline (Isaiah 12)

Isaiah 12:2 God is my savior; I am confident and unafraid. My strength and my courage is the Lord, and he has been my savior. 

Other Bible versions uses ‘salvation’ in place of ‘savior,’ but it shows the same meaning. God is our savior, our salvation. It is not by myself that I earn a place in heaven, but through God. I cannot save myself, and no one else can save me. Only through God’s love, through his son Jesus dying o the cross, and through my faith in him can I be truly saved. Through his saving grace. We should be confident in our actions, as long we we put God first. Even if we falter, God is there to bring us back. Funny thing is we need God’s salvation more often than we realize. Someone might think they are doing just fine in life, and everyone once in a while asks God for help, but that person may not realize they are barely treading water in the bigger picture. They don’t see that God is the one thing keeping them afloat, and without Him they would be drowning. 

I want my courage to be in God, as it makes me confident. It makes me know that this journey he has put me on may bring challenges, but he will not leave me. So I can continue the journey unafraid. Some days are easier than others to be unafraid, and again that’s what his graces are for. We do not need to fear or to worry what is to come, because our Lord is King. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...