Tuesday, February 9, 2021

He is My Rock (Isaiah 17)

 Isaiah 17:10 For you have forgotten God, your savior, and remembered not the Rock your strength.

When we get too busy in things of the world, it is easy to forget what is important. When work. Gets too hectic and things start piling up, or when kids’ extracurricular activities pull you this way and that, it might be easy to let your prayer time or even going to Mass slip your mind because you have so many things to do. This is the perfect trap set by Satan. He doesn’t have to do much to put it in place either, just by making us forget. When we forget to give our time to God, we are forgetting the one who made us. He didn’t have to, he WANTED to make us. And then he wanted to give us salvation. Again he didn’t have to.  And yet, we find it so easy to simply dismiss him when we “forgot to go to church” because we were too busy with work or kids or life. 

God has never forgotten us. He has promised us glory. But if we continue to dismiss him, our stories might end up like the ones of Moab or Damascus. And they don’t end well. What can we remove from our lives today to be able to remember God more effectively? What can we rearrange so that God always comes first? There shouldn’t be anything or anyone else that we depend on more than God.

Lord, I thank you for all the blessings you have given me. I pray that you continue to keep nudging me in the right direction. I’m giving you this move and all the preparations that I have, because I know I trust in your will, and I depend on you for it to fall into place. I have done all of what I can, Lord, and I pray you remember your daughter, your children, and help make this right. Amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...