Friday, May 21, 2021

Moving Day

 Well, technically it is “load the truck” day. But I still can’t believe it is finally here. We have known this day was coming for some time now, and there always seemed to be a few more months, a few more weeks, a few more days. I have spent the 5 weeks slowly packing so it wouldn’t be overwhelming. Last time we moved, I was staying up till 11 each night after work to get it done. Even though I took longer this time to not be overwhelmed, I am still exhausted trying to get as much as I could done myself. 

I know people move all the time. I know military families do this more often than we do. Though, spending 4 years in Shreveport, then 5 years in Little Rock, and 4 years here in Manhattan makes people ask if we are military. Yes, I could have asked for help. Yes, we could have looked into hiring people to load the truck. But we both are frugal and like things done a certain way, so we only have ourselves to blame.

We have had several good bye parties, and as much as I love seeing friends, I hate each time I have to say goodbye. God put these amazing people in my life for a reason, and I am so blessed to have met them. Friends have let me cry to them about the pains of moving. They have done park dates with my kids so I could get a break from packing. My neighbors are letting us stay with them tonight so we can get the house cleaned and not dirty it again, and will let my husband stay with them when he comes back to finish his work contract.

Moving is hard. Physically, emotionally, mentally, I am exhausted. We have had many highs on this path and few lows, and I continue to put God in front for both. For joys, I give praise. For pain, I give faith. I know that He is with me, and is guiding us to our new chapter in Hattiesburg. There are so many good memories here, as there were with each previous move. I will always carry a piece of each place with me. I wish I was half as good at scrapbooking as my friend so I could have the memories in print. Maybe that will be my goal after we get settled. That and finally finishing baby books... 

I am looking forward to our new adventures in Hattiesburg and being closer to family. Having been 13.5 hours away these last four years has been tough for us and for my family. I will miss my Little Apple friends, but those who are true will still be in my life. Thanks to finally getting the hang of Zoom and FaceTime (something positive from Corona??), we can continue wine nights. 😁

I love you, Manhattan, KS. You have helped me grow into the believer I am. I am so grateful for finding God through you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...