Monday, January 7, 2013

Pepper Jelly Salmon and Spicy Romano Chicken

I didn't get to post yesterday, but here are my recipe plugs:


Lemon-Blueberry Breakfast CakeFor breakfast yesterday, I made this blueberry breakfast cake. Shawn and I loved it. Jeanne didn't care for it, but she doesn't like blueberries and old me after she picked them out that the cake was dirty! She is something else! It took a little bit to prep. I used white whole-wheat flour.
(Photo courtesy of www.alexandracooks.com)

green-pepper-salmon-blog.jpgFor lunch yesterday I made Pepper Jelly Salmon. I love spicy food. This went well with steamed broccoli. I thought I had bought enough salmon, but only had two filets, so I also did two chicken breasts. They came out good, but not as good as the salmon. If I did the chicken again, I would maybe marinate it longer make small slices in the top of the chicken to soak in the marinade.  (Photo courtesy of www.fortmillscliving.com)

For dinner last night we had the Sesame Ginger Chicken in yesterday's post about the monthly meal planner. Shawn like it more than I did. I served that with some fried rice.

Tonight, for dinner I made Spicy Romano Chicken. Did I mention I love spicy food? This came out so good. It is similar to The.Baroness.Von.Korf at Life, Love, and Etouffe's Bowties with Sausage recipe. I thought about adding the Italian sausage to the Romano Chicken after I started, so it was too late to run to the store. Defintely not the healthiest recipe, but I had two bowls and packed some for lunch tomorrow because it was that good. I lost count of how many bowls Shawn had. :-)
(Photo courtesy of www.bosssanders.com)

I am going to try to remember to take pictures of my results before I eat them! Tomorrow is going to be leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...