Saturday, January 5, 2013

Recipe plug

First off, Merry Christmas and happy New Year! I hope these last few weeks have been special to all of you!


So I thought since I love to try new recipes and ideas I find in magazines, Pinterest, online, etc, I would post them here also. (FYI the pictures come from the websites)

fruitsnackfeatured.jpgToday I tried several new things. First I made these homemade fruit snacks. They are awesome! I will say that next time, I may try it with orange juice because the lemon juice did make them a little tart. But if Jeanne likes them, they are great in my book. No food coloring, minimal sugar, super easy to make and cheap!
(Picture courtesy of thankyourbody.com)



apples in bagFor myself, I made these cinnamon apples. They tasted so good! I made them to share with my husband, and ate them all! I only added a teaspoon of sugar, and I think I will add more next time. Also, I will slice mine a little smaller than what is shown in the picture so they can be a hint softer. But such a great snack! Especially for someone who isn't the biggest fan of apples.
(Picture courtesy of salad-in-a-jar.com)






I think my biggest plug for today is this monthly meal planner. I spent $250 at the grocery store buying the ingredients for the recipes (I doubled several of the recipes) and made 9 meals for the crock-pot (put the ingredients in a ziploc in the freezer), 2 cassaroles, 2 side dishes, 12 breakfast burritos, and 20 lunch burritos! I didn't have to buy groceries (except for milk, toilet paper, and soda) for a few weeks. It was well worth the 3 hour prep time. Now I have meals in the freezer I can just put in the crock-pot in the morning, and not have to worry about not spending time with Jeanne after work. The burritos are great when I am running behind in the morning or need lunch (if we ate all the leftovers). So check out the sites and gather some ideas for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...