Monday, June 29, 2020

Psalm 108


I can’t remember if I specified, but I use the NABRE bible, New America Bible Revised Edition, so my numbers may be different than yours. 

Psalm 108:3 Awake, my soul; awake, lyre and harp! I will wake the dawn.

David was a musician, as we know he played the harp and sang for King Saul. So him awaking his musician gifts to present them to God first thing in the morning is a special presentation of those gifts. Instead of waiting until he felt he was ready to present himself, or rather making God wait until David was ready, David made himself ready at the beginning of the day. God is awaiting our presence from the moment we wake up. He gave us the gift of another day, why would we not give praise and grace first thing in the morning? 

God loves when we sing to him. But singing with our whole heart and our whole soul is different than being in the back of the choir, muttering the words half heartedly just to get through the song. When we praise God, we should do it like the children singing their little hearts out to their favorite song. We need to be awake and give our best self to God. 

How can you use your gift to praise God? Are you fully awake when you give it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...