Monday, November 1, 2021

Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth (Psalms 23:1-2)

We are doing a study this month, called Making Your Home A Haven. The theme this year is Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth. If you have never done one of these, I highly encourage it. Here is the link:


https://womenlivingwell.org/2021/10/slowing-down-for-spiritual-growth-bible-study-resources/

This week we are slowing down with silence and gratitude. 

“Silence and solitude open the door to communion with God.  If we want to grow spiritually we have to love a life of prayer and reading God’s Word. We have to go in deeper with God and commune with him.

Challenge for the Week: Start a daily gratitude list AND go buy an extra-large candle and light a candle everyday in your home.  Each time the glimmer of the candle catches your eye, stop, pray and give thanks.”

S: Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.

O: God is our shepherd, he will guide his flock to the safe places. We had nothing to fear when we let him lead us.

A: This chapter has such beautiful imagery. Imagine walking with God in green pastures, besides still waters. It’s like I can hear the breeze going through the grass. It is very comforting feeling. He has so much love and concern for us, that he will always try to find us. We NEED a shepherd, someone to bring us back in when we stray too far. I know I do not lack anything because of God. I will not desire to want anything above what he gives me. He has put me in the pasture I belong, and he will make that place benefit me as long as I continue to trust in him.

God is always leading me. I should fear no evil. I should not hesitate with him near me. 

K: Lord, thank you for guiding me daily through the trials on earth. You have provided me with blessings beyond measure, and I am so grateful. I will follow you. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...