Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A little here, a little there

So this past weekend was a blast! We went to Baton Rouge to spend the weekend with very close family friends. Our daughters are 4 weeks apart in age. The wife and I were best friends the last three years. We were both pregnant with our first babies togther, and enjoyed the first year of their lives together. They moved in June since the husband is now in residency in BR. We haven't seen them since they moved.
When the girls first saw each other, it was like they haven't been apart a day! Jl quickly came up to Jeanne and took her to the toys to play. We ended up staying up till 10 that night, and Jeanne is usually asleep for 8, but she was having such a great time!

On the last day, we were sad to leave them. I did cry on the way back because it is hard being 4 hours away from someone you are so close to. We will plan another trip as soon as we can.

Anyway, to the joys of being a working mother...
I asked my husband to unpack the suitcase on Tuesday when he was finished class, as I was still at work. I get in at 5 after picking up Jeanne, and the suitcase was on our bedroom floor and Jeanne and my clothes were thrown on my bed. At least the suitcase was unpacked.

That is the worst part of going on a trip. Having to unpack when you get home. I still have stuff needing to be put away, but after working 8 hours a day, then spending the next two hours with a very active little girl, I am exhausted once she falls asleep. So there is still a little here, and a little there. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...