Monday, May 4, 2015

Leviticus 11

S: Leviticus 11:45 Since I, The Lord, brought you up from the land of Egypt that I might be your God, you shall be holy, because I am holy.

O: God has given the Israelites laws on what they can and cannot eat. He wants them to remain holy by not contaminating themselves with unclean, forbidden animals. 

A: some religions still practice similar rules for food. Catholics are called to abstain from meat on Fridays as a suffering for Christ's sufferings. It's not because anything is "unclean" though. Anyway, God has given us other laws we are to follow to remain holy. He wants us to be holy so that we might be with him in heaven. He created us. Why would he take the time to create each one of us if he didn't want to keep us with him forever?

K: Lord I want to be one of the treasures you keep forever. Help me to remain holy in your laws. Amen.

*************************************

I don't have any food allergies or restrictions. When I was nursing Hunter, I noticed he has reflux issues when I consumed dairy. So I avoided dairy. Then when he started whole milk, he had an allergic reaction to cow's milk. We switched him to almond. Luckily, it's nothing scary like peanuts which are everywhere. He can eat foods cooked with milk. He can have a few bites of ice cream and be ok. 
If the word came from God that he didn't want Hunter to drink milk, I would have understood. And maybe that's what was going on when I was nursing. Perhaps God was forewarning me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...