Thursday, April 30, 2015

Leviticus 9

Leviticus 9:24 Fire came forth from the Lord's presence and consumed the holocaust and the remnants of the fat on the altar. Seeing this, all the people cried out and fell prostrate. 

To see God's all consuming fire must have been a sight. Both glorious and terrifying I suppose. The Israelites had seen God's power before with the plagues and parting of the sea. But fire is in w sense magical on its own. To watch God's fire consume the offerings is a reminder that his love consumes our sin and his anger can consume the lost. 

Lord, I pray I never anger you to the point of seeing your wrath, and that you consume my sins out of love. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...