Wednesday, October 16, 2019

1 Corinthians 6

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 Avoid immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the immoral person sins against his own body. Did you not know that your body is a temple of the holy spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body.

O: Paul here tells the Corinthians that through the death of Jesus, God has purchased our beings. And the body should be used to glorify God, not for our own selfish wants and desires.

A: Our body is a temple. If we hold the Holy Spirit in us through communion, we are like the sacred temple and ark that held the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament.  Would we allow any destruction to come upon the ark or the sacred temple? Then why upon ourselves?

However your church celebrates communion, each time when you receive communion, you are taking the promise of God and consuming it. You are accepting the Holy Spirit within you, and you belong to God. We consume the Eucharist weekly at our church, and this passage is a great reminder that I am taking in the promise of God into my body, which belongs to him. And I shall not allow myself to indulge in anything that would tamper my body. But instead I will glorify the Lord. 

K: Lord thank you for all the blessings in my life. Thank you for the greatest gift, your son, so that I might be saved. Thank you for the Holy Spirit so that I may remember that I belong to you. Thank you for wanting me. 

"Our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit and a temple is a sacred place of worship.  We are meant to keep our bodies pure sexually because we are not our own.  We have been bought with the price of Jesus’ blood.  This means that we have strength that the world does not have, to remain pure.

When you use something that someone else paid for, are you more careful with it?  Our bodies are on lend to us from God to be used for his glory.  How can you be more careful with your body?  If you have any sins that you need to repent of today, quietly pray a prayer of confession.  Remember that once you confess, you are fully forgiven. (1 John 1:9)" (https://womenlivingwell.org/2019/09/good-morning-girls-resources-1-corinthians-6-10/)

Image result for communion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...